Cerebral palsy wheelchair for kids,which is one of the best solution for cerebral palsy recovery. The cerebral palsy is a worldwide medical problem. According to statistics, there are currently about 10-15 million patients in the world. Five out of 1,000 newborns worldwide suffer from cerebral palsy every year. Research data in china. There are 6 million patients, including more than 1.8 million children with cerebral palsy under the age of 12, and an increase of 40,000 to 50,000 cases per year.
There are currently 6 million patients with cerebral palsy in China, among which nearly 2 million are children aged 0-6. And there are 30,000-40,000 new children with cerebral palsy every year. Due to the lack of parents’ knowledge of the disease, delays in evasion of diagnosis and treatment, The children with cerebral palsy are incurred . So the disability rate is 42%-45%! The treatment of children with cerebral palsy, especially rehabilitation training, brooks no delay.
The incidence of cerebral palsy has gradually increased in recently yeas. The society has paid more and more attention to cerebral palsy when With the success of each child with cerebral palsy. However, cerebral palsy is still an “incurable disease” in the cognition of many people. How much do you know about children with cerebral palsy?
Pediatric cerebral palsy (CP) is abbreviated as cerebral palsy, which refers to a syndrome dominated by postural and motor dysfunction due to non-progressive brain injury at the immature stage of brain development within one month after birth. Part of the brain tissue that controls movement is damaged,.So leading to difficulty in body movement and posture caused by muscle control imbalance.
Once children with cerebral palsy are diagnosed and confirmed by medical institutions, rehabilitation training should be carried out as soon as possible. Let’s take a look at the commonly used rehabilitation training methods for children with cerebral palsy!
There are many methods of rehabilitation training for children with cerebral palsy. At present, the VOJTA method, BOBATH method, Rood technology, PNF technology and others methods are used in the world.
By promoting the development of children’s active movement and active function, the development of abnormal postures is inhibited and the children are improved. Social adaptability. Through these training methods to improve the child’s motor function, improve the fine movement of the child’s hand, improve the child’s ability of daily living, and minimize the child’s sequelae.
I. VOJTA technology
It is classified as neurodevelopmental therapy and was created by the German scholar Dr. VOJTA.
The main methods are:
1.By compressing and stimulating a certain part of the body (induction zone), it induces systemic and coordinated reflex movement to promote and improve the movement function of the child, so it is also called induction therapy.
2. VOJTA therapy induces two types of exercises: reflex turning over (RU) and reflex abdominal crawling (RK). Through this movement, the movement occurs repeatedly and regularly to promote normal reflex pathways and movement patterns, and inhibit abnormal reflex pathways and movement patterns. To achieve the purpose of treatment.
3. Using a certain starting posture, select the main induction zone and auxiliary induction zone of a certain part of the body, give a certain time and intensity of stimulation in a certain direction, observe the characteristics of the response of the child, and adjust the technique, stimulation intensity and stimulation time. Don’t over-stimulate the child for the sole purpose of pursuing a response, causing the child’s pain.
4. VOJTA also created seven postural reflex examination methods as a means of early diagnosis. In view of the fact that some of the seven inspection methods are more irritating to children, it is recommended to selectively use some inspection methods based on clinical needs.
II. Rood technology
Categorized as neurodevelopmental therapy
- Theoretical basis:
Using various sensory stimuli such as temperature, pain, touch, sight, hearing, smell, etc., adjust the excitability of the sensory pathway to strengthen the connection with the central nervous system and achieve the reorganization of neuromotor functions. The correct sensory input is a necessary condition for the correct motor response. Sensory motor control is built on the basis of development and gradually developed.
- Operation method:
Stimulate the skin, Benhuo receptors, etc., to promote and inhibit muscle contraction. Tactile stimulation, proprioceptor stimulation, and special sensory stimulation; inhibition methods include slight joint squeezing, squeezing of tendon attachment points, pushing and rubbing of the skin innervation area of the posterior basal branch of the spinal nerve, continuous stretching, and slow pain The child turns from the supine or prone position to the lateral position, moderate thermal stimulation, low-intensity special sensory stimulation, etc.
III. PNF technology
By stimulating the body’s proprioceptors, it activates and recruits the largest number of motor muscle fibers to participate in activities, and promotes the contraction of paralyzed muscles. At the same time, it changes muscle tension by adjusting the excitability of sensory nerves and relieves muscle spasms.
- The resistance method, diffusion and enhancement of proprioception input, manual contact, posture and body mechanics principles, verbal stimulation (instruction), visual stimulation, stretch, compression, the time sequence of movement, etc.;
- The flexion-abduction-external rotation, extension-adduction-internal rotation, flexion-adduction-external rotation, extension-abduction-internal rotation of the upper limbs of the movement mode; the flexion-abduction-internal rotation, extension of the lower limbs- Adduction-external rotation, flexion-adduction-external rotation, extension-abduction-internal rotation;
- Combination of rhythmic initiation and isotonicity to antagonize the dynamic reversal, stability reversal and rhythmic stability of muscle reversal;
It is a representative technique of neurodevelopmental therapy .and also one of the main therapies for the rehabilitation of contemporary children with cerebral palsy. It was co-founded by the British scholars Karel Bobath and Berta Bohath.
Bobath analyzes from the perspective of neurophysiology and believes that the fundamental problem of children with cerebral palsy is the abnormality caused by the lack of inhibition of reflex posture and movement mode (central inhibition).
Therefore, the basic principle of Bobath technology is to suppress abnormal posture and movement through reflexivity, and promote the correct sense of movement and movement pattern.The main methods are:
- Inhibition of hand skills (mainly control of key points): The key points are mostly selected in the proximal part of the body, and gradually shift to the distal part as the treatment progresses, reducing the operation point and amount, and increasing the child’s autonomy and intention movement.
- Facilitating manual skills: Through the facilitation of manual skills, the child’s potential abilities can be triggered, and active, automatic responses and movement skills can be obtained.
- Stimulating Benhuo receptors and body surface receptors hand skills, etc.: By stimulating proprioceptors and body surface receptors, it can improve posture tension, make the placement reaction successful, and automatically maintain the body position.
Bobath therapy requires certain places and auxiliary equipment, such as wheelchairs, cushions, triangle cushions, round rollers, Bobath balls, center of gravity moving boards, balance boards, standing training frames, etc.
The special cerebral palsy wheelchair for kids ,is an important auxiliary device. The suitable wheelchair can not only be used as a transportation tool for the patient. but also help the patient maintain the correct posture. and then facilitate rehabilitation training. Avoid deformities, improve trunk function, strengthen children’s mobility and efficiency, and ultimately gain the ability to participate in campus and social activities.
Why the Wheelchairs are the best assistive devices for children with cerebral palsy ? because it will help them move during their growth process. Different wheelchairs can be used for different ages and different athletic abilities, to help children improve their athletic ability, increase their visual field, Freely control, Improve abnormal patterns and use in daily life. The combination of effective and treatment is very helpful to the improvement of the baby’s comprehensive ability.
Thanks for your attention to with cerebral palsy patients. Konatocare focus on the design, production and sales of cerebral palsy wheelchair for kids. So If you have needs and better suggestions, Please freely contact Konatocare.and view the products video center .